Thursday, February 26, 2009

WARNING

I have learned a lesson on identity theft the hard way and want to impart my knowledge.



I work all over the west side of the state as you know. When at a job I always tucked my wallet under the seat so it couldn't be seen. One night in downtown Olympia my wallet was stolen. And a couple blank checks from check book. (we did not discovery this till a few days later) As you can guess the debit card was used for a couple hrs till I put a stop to it.

What really caught me off guard was to find I had very little money left in my checking account a few days later due to them making copies of my checks and spending all over Olympia. Turns out they made up checks that look just like mine and the #'s even look like the next set of #'s

We are lucky are credit Union is being really great and working to put all the money back in our account.

What really worries me is once these people( there were 2 or 3 different sigs on the checks) can't hurt me anymore, they will just go steal someone else's wallet and take from them till they are stopped and then someone else. Doesn't seem to be a crime the police want to spend alot of time on.

Don't leave your wallet or purse in you car and never leave your checkbook with your drivers license. My check book will always be with me or my home from now on.

I really didn't know what all people could or would do. Was a real eye opener.

No comments: