Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Popcorn time

As a life long lover of popcorn I'm happy to see the trait being passed along to the grandkids. Peyton is such an avid connoisseur of the corn that he comes running any time I get the popper out. He likes to sit on the counter next to the popper so that he can get the first kernel to hit the bowl. He will remain on the counter until it's all popped and has been buttered and salted, then he goes where the big bowl goes.


Peyton loves to share a BIG bowl of popcorn with grandpa!

Isabell is new to the world of mass consumption of popcorn. Until last night I had not given her much more than the occasional broken off piece free of any of the husk shell. Last night that all changed.
Jesse and Isabell enjoying popcorn while watching the Mariners
While trying to monitor her progress in eating a piece of popcorn she was busy stuffing 3 or 4 more pieces into her mouth. Once she got into my lap where the big bowl was she was all business. At one point I ran a mouth check of the kids to see if I would share my water with them, Peyton was all clean but Isabell had corn stuffed into her cheeks like she was saving it for the winter time. She did manage to eat all that she put in and that was quite a bit. I can see more nights of popcorn for her in her future and I imagine she will get to be like Peyton and coming running any time she hears the popper working.

Isabell stuffing the corn in as fast as she can. Peyton seems more concerned that the mariners might lose...again.

2 comments:

Alesha said...

I have to say thats so cute that they are becoming like Dad who loves popcorn! How do Melia and Spencer feel about you getting Izzy hooked to popcorn?
Alesha

BJ Barnes said...

I saw your blog site on Conrad's blog, and enjoyed taking a peek at your popcorn post! :)
I thoroughly enjoyed being able to share in the popcorn activity in your home! :)
Like you, I keep feeling let down by the Mariners too! I'd love to see them have a winning season again! :)
Feel free to check our blog! :) You'll see it listed on Susie Conrad's blog, - under "Enjoy the Journey!" :)