Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally an update!!


Finally an Abrahamson update. I've been chastened more times than I can count about not updating more often. I am trying to do better.
The last couple of weeks have been busy ones. The week before last started with frantic phone calls from my brother and sister about my mom having had a Heart Attack. I was set to head to Richland ( my mom lives in Hermiston, Or). Then when I finally talked to her she didn't think she'd had a heart attack ( we found out later she really did) and seemed to be doing good. I finally went over on Wed. and my sister flew in from Wisconsin. We met up with my two brothers and other sister in Richland later that day.

Over all my mom seemed to be doing pretty good except for her heart rate starting going up and all over the place. So me and my little bros and sisters ( I'm the oldest) spend most of the day watching her heart rate on a monitor. The nurse kept telling us that within 2 hrs it would go into sinus( which is a normal rate and rhythm). 3 medications later and many hours it was better but not normal. it was bouncing around from the 80's to the low 120's. And she was just sitting in bed.


She had requested a priesthood blessing from her bishop. Not more than 15 or so minutes after the blessing her heart returned to normal and as of this writing is doing fine. We all count it a great blessing from the Lord.



Her condition is called primsmetal (sp?). It's rare and with medications shouldn't be to much of a problem for her.



My family- Scott ( the baby), Me -Dee Dee( the oldest), Mark, Christy & Shelley ( the Middle) and my mom -Connie.

Though not the best way to have a family reunion.....the time spent with my brothers and sisters was the best. We are spread out in age. I was 16 when my youngest brother was born. Those two days in Richland and Hermiston were probably the most time the 5 of us had spent together since I lived at home and Mark and Scott were 2 and 4 yrs old. You can imagine the stimulating converstions we had back then.

I look forward to spending way more time with my brothers and sisters. And getting to know them better in the coming months and years. We've let far to much time go by. They are some of the coolest people I know!!!! And I mean that.


And my Mom is doing really well. Tired and I think getting a little bored. but over all doing well.
Isabell and Madison checking each other out!

On the home front Tressa got a chance to see just how much fun it would be to have twins and a 17th month old as she had to babysit Madison & Isabell along with Peyton. Probably explains me being left with Peyton and Isabell most of the day on Friday, while she and Melia enjoyed a day out and shopping!!!

No comments: