Sunday, April 12, 2009

My baby is moving out!

Spencer , Isabell and the famous cardboard couch!!

With each child there has to come a time to cut the apron string so to speak. This tends to be a freeing, liberating experience for your child and as a mom anyway, a heart wrenching experience. Dads tend to be in the middle somewhere. At least Doug is. You know it's good and right. But some how that doesn't always make you feel better. And my baby is taking her baby..who we've become a little attached to! The first night they were gone, every little noise I heard, I kept thinking that must be Isabell.
This is Melia and Spencer's new apt.

The kitchen
Isabell checking out the cupboards Isabell seems to be happy about new apt.
The good news is, well for me at least, Melia and Isabell will be living here till the middle of May. That is when Spencer is done with school. Melia needs a sitter for Isabell. So me and Spencer dad will keep up our weekly routine of watching her till Melia is out of school. On Friday's Melia will go up to Lacey to spend the weekend with Spencer, then come back on Mondays and start all over again. I'm sure this will be very hard on the two of them. But, having their own space will make up for part of it.

Nice TV stand!!!! Aahh ..first apts!
Spencer and the cardboard couch. Even has places to sit his food!

For me and Doug it gives us alittle bit more precious time with our granddaughter and with Melia. I will really miss her when she makes the final move. Being the baby and a little bit of age between her and the twins and Tressa, gave her a different perspective on things and gave me and her a different kind of relationship then I had with the other girls( at least before they left home)( Jolene is you read this you may know what I mean). Of them all she is a spiritual rock and got me more than the other girls at times. I will miss all the talks that we have. Guess there still is the phone. And I do work up north alot. My trips home from work my take longer than they use too!

No comments: