Monday, July 20, 2009

Change

Summer time gives me an opportunity to do some different things like taking pictures for NSP and working on projects around the house, or more accurately outside the house. In both cases I get a lot of time to think about things especially life.

Around my place most things were at one time something else. Some might call it indecisive about what I want to do, others might say I'm cheap, me I like to think of it as allowing everything to have an extended lifespan. I once told Dee Dee no piece of wood has fulfilled its destiny until it has been at least two different things. These changes are a reflection of the changes in our lives.

Now somethings I haven't changed in 30 plus years. I still listen to the same type of music and in many cases the actual same music. I still love movies and don't mind going by myself. My hair is the same and my clothes would be but my girls won't let me get away with that. I don't feel like I've changed much at all yet there are some differences. It used to be in the summer I would get up in the morning and look out at the water to see if it would be a good skiing day. Now I get up early to water my plants then start to work on a project. If I time things right I will be done with the watering in time to get Peyton out of bed and spend part of the morning with him. On a really great day Madison and Isabell (now Parker as well but you have to stand in line to get him) will be here. Before I wanted some one to drive the boat and someone to be a spotter, so that is one change.

Around the place my projects have changed. I took the deck off the roof and reusing the boards to build a deck on the side of the house for the kids to play on. What had originally started off as grass became my serenity garden when the girls all hit their teenage years, I figured I could use some peace and tranquility with 4 daughters, now I'm sifting out all the colored rock to make a grand kid garden instead. These our the changes of my life, I guess I'm like that wood I need to be more than one thing to fulfill my destiny. It's either that or I'm just working real hard to keep myself off the burn pile.

No comments: