Monday, July 20, 2009

senior things

I have been a wanting to get some thoughts out but haven't had the time to sit down until now. So Chapter 1- Senior things

My duties expanded a bit this year to include Senior advisor or graduation advisor, I prefer to look at it as Senior advisor. It was one of the most interesting years I have had for a while.

I now take care of most things involving the Seniors and as such get a chance to get the know the kids real well. It was fun getting to know what this group of kids wanted to do in life and in some cases encouraging them to have some kind of a dream to shoot for. From meeting with the interested parents last August to practicing for graduation and all parts in between the year was a blast. The whole year had me thinking how long can I put off retirement and not how soon can I retire. The job is just to much fun to quit it.

1 comment:

BJ Barnes said...

It's great to hear someone who is enthusiastic about their job!! :) I bet you are very good at it! :)