Thursday, May 6, 2010

empty Nest??

                              Tressa & Jesse's house is the yellow one- Nate & Erica the blue one.
I have been meaning to give a update on the changes in our lives over the past few months.
   The first Part of March saw Tressa & Jesse and Ercia & Nate purchased homes in Chehalis , right next to each other. I think most of the time they really enjoy that. They have dinner together and can send kids back and forth. The Morgans just got a used pool table they put in their garage. I would imagine Jesse and Nate are going to have lots of fun with that!
   As for me and Doug, It was hard...kind of a bitter sweet thing. We were looking forward to having a little more time for our own pursuits and just alittle more time for just the two of us. But, we miss the evenings of sitting and chatting with them and of course the two boys. We had gotten pretty attached to them, with them  living here. 
  We have been helping Melia out since the first of April with Isabell so Melia can finish her schooling. They( Melia and Isabell) stay here  Sunday through Wed. Though with Spencer race schedule and the fact that Melia's one bedroom  musty smelling apt. makes her sick, her and Isabell have been here for the whole week sometimes. The good news for them and us is they found a 3 bedroom home in Centralia and will be moving in the middle of May. They are only 10 mins or less from Tressa and Erica which will  be nice.
   There have been a few nights that Doug and I have had the house to ourselves. It kind of feels like a vacation. It's nice but, the quiet is weird. It really seems lonely when I go down stairs to lock up the house and it is all empty. I not sure I can ever get use to that. ( Doug insures me I will). Just seems like someone should be sleeping down stairs
   Well,  there is so much I could write. Mostly I'm happy to have the kids buy their first house and though I miss them I know in the long run it's best for everyone. I can stop by and see 4 of the grandkids at one time. But, I do miss the more one on one time I get with Isabell and use to have with Peyton and Brady.
Erica is flying down to see Alesha and drive home with her in June. We are going to get to have Parker spend a number of days with us and I'm really looking forward to it!!!
 Doug and I are slowing learning  how to function with it being just the two of us here. I have to admit sometime I really enjoy it!! But, I also enjoy it whenever the kids or grandlkids are here.
  We will have a few weeks all to ourselves then Alesha will come home the 2nd week of June and stay till the end of July. So... maybe in Aug. we will be true empty nesters??? We'll see. No matter what happens or who lives with us.We feel very blessed for the family we have. And are glad that we have been in a position to help them out and hope to continue the trend as needs arise.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true, you were supposed to be all by yourself by March, but Iz and I have stepped in on that, and then Alesha being home. You may never truly be alone again. :)
-Melia

BJ Barnes said...

I've wondered how you and Doug were handling all the changes of your kids buying homes and moving out! :)
From the time I gave birth to Sheana, (our first born), I was in love, (hook, line, and sinker), and began to dread the time when we would one day be empty nesters!
Three things have happened since then that's put a new spin on my thinking! 1)We discovered it's not so bad! We get to be spontaneous again, and plan things around ourselves instead of around our kids! 2)Sometimes they move back in again! & 3)Grandbabies come along and the fun starts all over again! :)
We've decided it's all good!! :)