Monday, August 16, 2010

Christmas time?

Is it time to prepare for it already?  When I made a lumber run to the Home Depot and told them it was for a Christmas project they looked at me like I was out of my mind.  They must not know the importance of starting in the summer to have a hope of getting a project done in time.

Add caption
bottom of one section of the train, with the wheels on so it can be
moved around the yard easily
I am currently working on two projects.  One is additional superhero figures for the tree out front and the other is a train that can function as a Christmas decoration and well as a kids play area the rest of the year.
The first step of the figures is to prime the wood then draw out the figure for the cutting. Next comes the sanding and the part I like the least the sealing of the edges of the wood to protect them.  Now it is on to doing the outlines of the figure.  The last step will be the actual painting of the figure. 

I have been switching back and forth between the train and the figures.  While I have put the train together in my mind a number of times I was never really confident about the wheels that they would support and also roll but so far it looks like it is going to work. I started with the passenger car then will move on to the engine.  Those might be the only two I get done this year.  I will update as changes are made.

5 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

Yay for Christmas! It's never too early to start.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, yay and never to really to start. Let me know if you need help. I can come out to help paint or seal wood. Erca

Alesha said...

I'm so excited for Christmas!! I can't wait to come and see all you have done!!! I wish I cold be there to help more.

Melia Hunt said...

I figured the comments would either be your daughters and their support for starting the Christmas season early or others telling you how crazy you are for starting so early. Just like my sisters, I am all for it! OOh maybe I can do some painting while I watch your house. -Melia

Anonymous said...

[color=#6699cc]Awesome post! thank you for sharing this information. dabrahamson.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#6699cc]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]