Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Dell's

I started my 2nd day in Wisconsin,(Thursday-July 29th) with a quiet morning to myself. My sister and mom had headed out for tuxes and groceries for the lake. I stayed behind to take care of a few things and just chill. First time I've had sometime to myself in a while.

   Around 3pm we headed out to the Lake. then it was off to the Dell's. I wasn't really sure what to expect. I knew there was a lake involved and it was touristy.  It was really different that I expected but, alot of fun.

 Christy had some coupons for a army Duck ride. Her family had never done this one, so everyone was pretty excited about it. It was fun, silly -the guide guy- and some pretty scenery. These are surplus boats from WWII.  the one we rode in was manufactured in 1944. It was never used in the war. all the one's that saw combat are sitting at the bottom of the ocean. That was cheaper than hauling them home after the war.

some of the cool rock formations we saw on our duck boat ride.
  Next we hit the main drag in the Dells. shops, fudge -candy shops and more shops. I have never seen so many fudge shops. Even the beach doesn't have this many. We all had fun looking. I did get a few things and alittle fudge.

  After the shopping( it's now 830pm,) we headed to  one of the coolest restaurants I've been to. And Alesha- you would love love love this place. I think you would live in it if you could.(Alesha) It's the "Moosejaw"
 pizza and brewery. The whole place is logs. wood , dead animal heads, antlers, just so cool looking.

everything was made of log wood. It was soo cool!
 The food was even better. The beer bread and honey butter was to die for. but, everything was good. They brew their own rootbeer. It was pretty good. And everyone  got moose antlers.

Christy and her best friend Moncia sporting the cool moose ears!!
I only wish I could afford to bring the kids and little kiddies here. all the hotels have fun pools and water stuff. Think Las Vegas but on a much smaller scale. a little like the hotel we stayed in outside of Vegas. there is a huge theme park and water slide place called "   Mt Olympus".  Guess Christy and her family take their 5th wheel up there and some hotels have a place to hook up on their property. they get passes to the park with a 2 night stay. They've already been twice this summer and will go back one more time before school starts.
    After a fun- wonderful dinner. we finally headed home around 10:15pm.
Tomorrow starts all the wedding fun. Decorating, food and rehearsal dinner at 5pm.

3 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

Umm, bringing home any fudge for me? And that restaurant does look like a lot of fun!

Alesha said...

That restuarant does look really cool. I'm jealous you got to go there. I think the only thing I would change about it is all the dead animal heads. I'm not a big fan of them.

Anonymous said...

that restuarant looks like it was fun. We'll have to visi someday. Erica