Friday, July 30, 2010

wisconsin day one

My sister's house in Wisconsin-cute farm house.
I seem to be getting behind in blogging. Even my Hubby is ahead of me. I'm in Wisconsin, staying with my sister Christy. Don't know if it's the time change or all the stuff we are doing. but, I just get to bed really really late and haven't had time to blog.

   Wisconsin has been a pleasant surprise. very green. Lots of rolling hills, rivers and lakes.
I awoke my first morning and took an elevator down stairs . Yep, christy's husband Craig , built an elevator in his shop. Upstairs is his office and a sound proof movie viewing room and bed ( was a movie viewing room till the house got hit a few times with lighting a month ago and it toasted their TV. The one from the movie viewing room had to be moved) and you guessed it I have a private little apt to stay in. It's nice -very quiet. No windows. so I tend to get up late as no concept of time or light out side.

The Barn-shop. I sleep up stairs.
There is a ramp from the outside that leads up to the room above Craig's" Harley Shop". He is a private contractor for Harley Davidson's. But, in the middle of the night If I have to go... I'm taking the quaint little elevator down to the bathroom in the shop. It's really pretty fun. I should mention my first night here I got to experience my first Midwest storm. and it was a biggie. Started with lighting around midnight and then by 1am was a full blown thunder and lighting storm. ( the barn/shop I sleep in got a few hits during the big storm last month, but was told I was in the safest place and not to worry).  then not long after that the rain really started coming down. I wanted to experience it, so I kept going out on the little landing to watch, but I was getting really wet and since they had taken so many strikes not too long ago, questioned the safety of such a thing. In my sound proof room I really couldn't hear it all that well. bummer. guess it lasted till well past 4am. But, I sleep though a good part of it.

Linze- the bride a few days before the wedding
     After a slow morning,we headed into Richland Center to see my niece Linze and where she works. Christy and Shelley got a nose wax. I've never heard of such a thing.  it didn't look like to much fun!

Christy
Then we headed out to the Lake. Castle Rock Lake. It's a huge man-made lake. It's about half the size of courd-Alane in Idaho, but seems bigger. after fighting off mosquitoes for a while. We hopped in the back of Christy and Craig's boat . Once safely in the water, we went on a really fun boat ride.

Craig was our tour guide. It was fun. we ended up at a place called the "dirty turtle", where we had some dinner. Then it was back to the boat. the Lake had calmed down a lot by then. The first run was pretty bouncy.


fun chairs out side the dirty turtle.
We drove all over the lake with our tour guide and a very amazing setting sun.
  It was a very nice day. My sister Shelley had arrived that morning so was able to spend time with her and Christy and my mom.

Sun creating a beautiful sky as we left the Dirty Turtle.
   

No comments: