Thursday, July 22, 2010

finally ready to hit the road!!

Doug and I are headed out to South Dakota in the morning. We've been planning this trip for years. Seems like there was always a wedding, or babies being born, or something to cause us to push it back another year. Well, all the pieces have fallen into place this year.
  We plan to travel through Montana, see alittle Yellowstone, then western SD. Maybe dip down into Nebraska. So we can say we traveled in another state and then head to Sioux Falls. There Doug and I will part ways(sad!) as I drive to Wisconsin for my nieces wedding and Doug heads to Custer's battlefield and then home to finish preparing for his first year teaching AP history.
I will fly back home on Aug.4th. I've never been gone for two weeks straight. Working state basketball is close, but I always came home for a couple days then headed back out.
Doug and I have become such home bodies we keep thinking about this or that and should we really leave.
Since we have reservations at a very fine and highly rated mom and pop place(a 1 star rating) in Rapid falls we are now locked into going, so no looking back. ( we will let you all know how the motel works out).
  My hope is to post everyday about the trip. keep the kiddies informed.

2 comments:

Melia Hunt said...

Have fun Mom and Dad. Enjoy your vacation! Love Melia

Anonymous said...

Have fun and be safe. You guys deserve a nice vacation. Erica